Carta del ferrarese del 1814
The maps in this section deal with different topics of the territory of Ferrara:
- the new Geological-Geomorphological Map of the Province of Ferrara describes the shape of the landscape, the distribution of the lithologies and the original depositional environments;
- the risk maps show the different levels of criticality due to flooding, subsidence and seismicity through an intuitive legend of traffic-light type : the risk increases progressively towards the red and purple;
- The map of the landscape invariants is created by interpreting the historical map of Marco Antonio Pasi (1571).
These maps are available at the link:
In this section are shown three-dimensional maps and volumetric models of the subsurface:
- The geological model of the Volano Po Delta area which includes the Mesola site. The model represents the whole Holocene sedimentary succession and the top of the Pleistocene and includes 5 units describing lithology and depositional environments (backbarrier and delta plain, littoral sandbar and dunes, prodeltas and offshore, coastal plain and transgressive barrier, Pleistocene floodplain).
- The Po delta lobes model that includes 5 units defined on the basis of the geometry of geological bodies (lobes) and the age of the deposits: the post XVI century lobe, the Middle Ages – XVI century lobe, the Roman lobe, the pre-Roman lobe and the undifferentiated coastal deposits. The model is completed by the digital terrain model on which were projected the topographic map at 1: 250: 000, the faded altimetry and the geomorphological map of the delta lobes.
- some of the maps of the “Thematic Maps” section, here displayed in three dimensions.
The models have been published on the web pages:
In these website, through intuitive controls you can turn on and off the different units and surface maps and it’s possible to zoom, rotate and query the models.
Educational video: 7.59 minutes
Local museums, a journey through land and water.
Video: 25 minutes
Summer of joy
Sorry this entry is only available in Italian.